Peer Reviewed Publications
- “Bureaucratically Split Personalities: (Re)Ordering the Mentally Disordered in the French State” (Theory and Society)
- (with Tonya Tartour) “Démocratie sanitaire à New York : la participation dans le contrôle judiciaire des soins psychiatriques sans consentement” (Participations)
- Freegans: Diving into the Wealth of Food Waste in the United States (University of Minnesota Press)
- Waving the Banana at Capitalism (Ethnography)
- Making the City ‘Second Nature’: Freegan ‘Dumpster Divers’ and the Materiality of Morality (American Journal of Sociology)
Working Papers on Psychiatry, Mental Health, and the State
- “Courting Compliance and Consent: the Judicial Management of Madness in Paris and New York City.” Under Review.
- “Ration and Rationalize: Allocating Psychiatric Care in France and the United States.” Working Paper.
- “Coerce to Conserve? Paradoxes of Public-Private Power in California’s Continuum of Constraint.” Working Paper.
Other Publications and Working Papers
- (with Marie Mourad) “From Dumpster Dives to Disco Vibes: The Shifting Shape of Food Waste Activism” (Chapter in The Routledge Handbook of Food Waste)
- Review of Andrew Scull’s Madness in Civilization (European Journal of Sociology)
- (with Marie Mourad) “Don’t Waste the Waste: Dumpster Dinners among Garbage Gourmands.” (Chapter in The Practice of the Meal).
- Demanding the Land at a Public University (Chapter published in “Grabbing Back: Essays Against the Global Land Grab”)
- EcoPopulism in the Ecuadorian Amazon (Paper based on We Are the Lungs of the World, masters thesis at Oxford)